Friday, October 2, 2009

Man's Reach Into Space (1959)



Gallant, Roy A, Illustrated by Ames, Lee J. Man's Reach into Space. Garden City, NY: Garden City Books. (152 p.) 32 cm.


This one primarily discusses conditions in high speed flight and in space and human testing and preparation. Discussions of vacuum, g-forces, weightlessness, isolation. An interesting book in its focus on the people of space flight rather than the ships. Very dynamic illustrations of rockets, space suits, physical testing of pilots and astronauts, a Moon landing, and Mars from space. Also 1964 edition.



2 comments:

  1. a fine book I remeber reading through out my elemantary school years, great illustrations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister has this book, but the color of the cover is red not black. It's so beautiful! And a very good read, also. There are a few things I covet and tell her to leave to me if she dies, and this is one of them.

    ReplyDelete